The way I spoke on stage changed almost overnight. I talk about how, and more, in this episode with Derek Loudermilk. He interviewed me on a book he’s writing, and I recorded it for my own records. The audio is lower quality, but if you can get past the typing sounds, I think you’ll be glad you listened to this one.
- How can we develop as leaders given today’s challenges?
- Inside out leadership: to lead others you, first lead yourself
- Why personal growth is crucial
- You’ll be a terrible speaker if who you are is a terrible person
- How speaking is leading
- How to be watchable on stage
- How to lead a team for real
- Why you can’t lead from a manual
- The importance of acknowledging and praising yourself first
- How can you expect your team to do something you won’t do?
- Mastering Tough Conversations is an unconventional path to leadership
- How David’s speaking radically changed, almost overnight.
- Being natural and authentic in front of 1000 people
- How I was able to sell $337,000 worth of product in 15 minutes
- How to begin developing yourself as a leader
- The concept of vulnerability and knowing yourself
- The manager I coached to be able to receive feedback
- Why you should confront your soft spots NOW, before you get into a leadership position
- The Fly on the Wall leadership exercise: you should try it!
What do you think is your biggest takeaway from this conversation on unconventional leadership? Leave a comment below.
You can find out more about Derek Loudermilk here