This excerpt from my Vroom Vroom Veer podcast appearance tells my personal story – from how I got into coaching 25 years ago, to my huge crash and burnout, to my more recent comeback. I’ll even tell you why I left Bali in a hurry.
Listen in for:
- How I traveled for a whole year – loved it!
- Questions – How do I live and work in another country? How do I get a transfer?
- Took a risk – got transferred to New York!
- Climbed the corporate ladder
- How unhappy I was in my marriage
- The judgments I had about people who did self-help, and how those people cracked my cynicism
- How I got into coaching – by accident!
- The marriage I helped save
- The big sacrifice I made to pursue coaching
- Spent years diving into the coaching world
- How I built the world’s largest coaching business
- How I hit rock bottom; my burnout experience
- The golden handcuffs I had built for myself
- “What if I had 6 months to live?”
- What got me to Bali, and the life I built
- Teaching myself a programming language so I could write the Get Real app
- Why I got kicked out of Bali – the scary consequences of something I did there
- What got me back into coaching
- Who I serve now and why I love it, and more!
You can find out more about Vroom Vroom Veer and listen to the full interview here.