“It takes one to tango”– Vic Baronco
This a case study from free weekly zoom call. You can register for the free calls at http://playforeal.life/zoomregister
In this one, we spent 5 minutes getting clear on the key issues – WHO, HOPE, FEAR, WHAT, REQUEST, STEPPING IN THEIR SHOES. Summary is: John feels mother has hidden agenda when they talk, and he get’s angry. He doesn’t want to come home for Xmas. Let’s join the 5 minute role play, then we’ll debrief afterwards and handle some Q&A.
Listen in to hear:
- How do you ask a parent to change how they communicate with you?
- John’s insight when he realizes he’s doing the exact thing he doesn’t want his mother to do!
- Slowing down: John realizes he can’t work it all out in real-time on the phone, and may need to ask for 30 minute breaks to collect his thoughts.
- It takes ONE to tango: the possibility opens up that his mother may not need to change a thing! John’s the one who can change. What if someone says “no” to having the tough conversation with you?
- How you need to keep your courage alive when they don’t pick up the first time!
This is a case study from free weekly zoom call. You can register for the free calls at http://playforeal.life/zoomregister
I’d love to hear your greatest take-away from this interview if you’ll share it with me in the comment section below. I look forward to every one of them!