In this episode of the TC podcast, we’ve got a real live Tough Conversation for you to listen in on. One of the attendees to my free weekly Tough Conversations Roleplay Zoom call, let’s call him ‘Bill’, has a big problem: he needs something BIG from his partner, or their marriage may need to end.
“Suffering is a voluntary exercise.”– Bill
Listen in for:
- The SUPER tough conversation Bill needs to have
- The great outcome he’s really looking forward to – even if nothing gets resolved!
- The need for empathy FIRST
- Why the other person may not be in a space to hear you
- The benefit of roleplaying the Tough Conversation beforehand
- The hard pill Bill realized he has to swallow
- The tough conversation Bill had to have with himself
- How he realized he has more power than he felt he had
- How he can speak up for his own needs when his wife is going through such a difficult time
- How he came to respect his wife’s agency and the two key realizations he had because of it
- and Bill’s clever disguise to preserve his anonymity.
“Tough conversations require work and practice”-Bill
Now that you’ve seen a Tough Conversation in action, do you feel more or less equipped to handle one in your own life? Leave a comment below, and let’s talk about it.
This is a case study from my free weekly zoom call. You can register for the free calls at playforreal.life/zoomregister