Today, I sit down with Torah Bontrager, an education activist who escaped from the Amish community she grew up in at age 15! Torah tells the amazing story of her escape in this gripping episode of the Play for Real podcast.
– The classic children’s story that inspired her to escape
– The difficult decision she had to make from the very beginning
– What happened when she put a gun to her head, aged 11
– How many attempts it took to get out
– Her help from the outside world
– Being blindsided by betrayal, and …
– How she’s now challenging the supreme court!
“If Torah can break free of her hellish life at age 15, the rest of us don’t have an excuse.”
We’re all familiar with the uncomfortable feeling of being stuck. Listen to Torah’s story of desperation and daring and ask yourself: What’s keeping you back from playing for real?
What Tough Conversation do you need to have?
You can find out more about Torah’s initiative at AmishHeritage.org.
If Torah can break free of her hellish life at age 15, the rest of us don’t have an excuse. If you’ve got a Tough Conversation you need to have, get access to my 4-Step Tough Conversations Blueprint here. It’s free and it could change your life.